The Ashwell Playgroup is for children of Ashwell in Hertfordshire and the surrounding villages, aged 2 years old to 4 years old. We offer pre-school education through a variety of different play opportunities whilst developing children’s skills in preparation for the transition to local Nursery Schools. Our sessions run for a maximum of 20 children and, due to current high demand, it is currently running every weekday.
Our aim is to:
- Enhance the development of children under statutory school age in a parent-involving community- based group.
- Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- Enable children to play with their contemporaries in a happy and relaxed atmosphere.
- Help children develop confidence with adults outside their own families.
- Give the children the opportunity to use apparatus not always available at home, and to express themselves using craft materials such as paints, play dough, glue and paper.
- Provide a climate in which all children and families are equally valued, regardless of race, culture, religion or means.
Click here to download our Welcome Pack
In 2016 the Ofsted inspector said
“Staff are sensitive to the individual care needs of each child. They use plenty of praise to raise their self-esteem and help them feel safe and secure within the playgroup. Children are supported very well to build excellent self-help skills…”, and “Children enjoy imaginative games, playing along side each other and developing language for communication, literacy and mathematical skills.”
Registered Charity Number:1081830 Ofsted Registration No:146861